Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kathleen Godwin Posts: "I Must Have Bunniculitis!"


Kathleen Godwin, of Arts YOUniverse writes:

I must have Bunniculitis.
 Symptoms include:

  • Inability to complete assigned real-world work tasks
  • Daydreaming about costumes, staging and choreography
  • Carpal-tunnel syndrome from too much blogging
  • Spontaneous giggling when thinking about the dialog
  • A persistent urge to climb up on stage and sing about Bunnicula, the Vampire Bunny
  • Occasional bouts of anxiety over the financial aspects of the production

Arts YOUniverse has barely begun this exciting collaborative artistic journey with Noreen O’Connor’s writing class this semester at King’s College and already we’ve incurred the costs of perusal scripts and scores ($20.00), copy paper ($21.48) and ink ($27.99) for eventual script and score printing (though we have yet to have our license application accepted…though I’m confident it will be…and yet…see – here it comes again). And then there is the CD of the score ($15.00) which was absolutely delightful to listen to as I followed the Adobe Acrobat version on my laptop (wondering to myself if my newly-ordered banjolele would be a logical musical instrument to add to the piano accompaniment  by Brenda Nighbert who just emailed me her reasonable - but nonetheless real - quote for rehearsals and performance).
…I should take two carrots and a yoga class and I’m sure I’ll feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment